From the Diary of Madhumita …





This appeared in Swapnil Saundarya e-zine : Vol- 01, Issue- 03 , Nov- Dec 2013


Colors of the Spirit










Hi, friends jus wanted to tweet.... it is my first manifestation ever let me introduce me to u all... i m, jus a petty writer and my first attempt would be unworkable without u all's support... so ur assitance is cardinal...
Dear Happy Wanderers....   Live! Like someone left the gate open!!
Introduction -  Hey!! All... I m Madhumita Banerjee... stepped into this world on 18sep1986... belong to a middle class Bong family... my father( i call him baba) use to work in defence... I am the second Child of my Parents... my sister was a gem since her chilhood and 10 yrs elder than me... she ws good at almost everythng... dont know how anywayz Baba was the only inspiration for two of us and many others too... He ws the muse of family... his vision alwayz helped to shape my life through out... His foremost was clear to all was us-: it was,

- To help people in need

- Second one is cognate to the first, i.e, to look after each and every member of family... not only this nuclear one, family means his 5 bros, 5 sisters, their kids, his own kids, his wife, in-laws..... n the list goes on....

I have been told by Baba that we are Kooleen Brahmins bt i still couldn't find out the literal meaning of it... search is on.... At Baba's tender age he faced Barrels of difficulties but those hurdle dint seem to have impact on him to make him a bit more practicle and li'l narcissistic for his own people....

Catastrophic phase-: Sudden blow hits my family like a tornedo in 1998 and wrested our Hero from our lives... its been almost 16 yrs since then... i ws jus 11.. I still cant believe that he left... Whenever i recall the woe it gives me immense pain... that catastrophe changed my life forever....


Battle of life- The beauteous World has become a battle of life for me... but i'l be thankful to God that in my emptiness, my passion for art & culture was there... my dearest n closest ally for sure... I was not so brilliant in my Academics like my sissy... so decided to do what other fellow batch mates were planning to... Pursued MBA from NDIM( New Delhi Institue of Management, delhi) and Now, i m so fortunate to get a chance to work with NGO...its truely a previlige... I am managing an Educational Project( Intrisic and Holistic Education)... we work to address the issue of quality education for underprivileged children and young adults and empowers women.... so to teach them importance of education we conduct several workshop... i have to visit different cities, mostly the remote areas.... Recently i visited Jaipur... our well-known Pink-city and most joyous part of my trip was in my leisure time i manage to have a beautiful sight of the city which encompassed with magnificent forts from all sides.....


Rich culture of India- as we all know how diverse our country is and the amazing part is every region has its own unique culture or in other words our culture is so rich bcoz its the amalgamation of distinct culture of varied regions......

 Above mentioned info is universally acknowledge... i don't to prove or elaborate it more. Now let me quickly take u to the land of majestic palaces, some incredible arts and crafts & world famous...very eminent forts.


Creativity has many faces...,, one is Mine.... Step into the world of enigmatic desires  
           
Beauty of nature is calling me,, i must go!!

My journey starts with exploration of apt hospice or any nearby hotel. And i finally found one, in walking distance from railway and bus station( HR palace)... the hotel was truely value for money and the food was so scrumptious yet... truely a home lyk feeling. It was Friday night when we reached. Primitively, i was wondering how can this arid region offers tremendous variety of eatables... n enormous ingredients.... i thnk li'l bit of credit we shld give to human beings also they hv the ability to create best out of every available n possible resources... dont forget- The human brain is ‘ …the most complex and orderly arrangement of matter in the universe’. Isaac Asimov... i wanted to eat more then suddendly set my mind to refrain from being a Glutton... my fellow female companion was eating lyk she was obliged to the food and the cook....
I was still not sure whether i could be able explore the beauty of the place... coz it's ol depending upon the time taken for the accomplishment of workshop...

I finished my work by Sat afternoon... it ws quarter past 4 and i was at my hotel room... lost almost all my energy due to hunger... i ordered for a authentic thali which comprises of (tiny------->huge) pickle, pakodis, dry kidney beans, churma( Rajasthani desert), gatte ki sabji, dal- baati, ... ended up with Pranthas.... "Amazingly what a nice Food can do for ones temperament...."

 I hv been told by the hotel people that this is the best time to start for Chokhi Dhani( An Ethnic Village Resort)... which is situated in outskirts of the city bt it took us around 40-45 min to reach their... the hotel ppl wr so kind and supportive tht they arrange a cab for me at commencement, heading towards the majestic Chokhi dhani and what ambience it showed us all... truely a blissful experience...

Chokhi Dhani- As name suggests its a beautiful hemlet...It captures the spirit of Rajasthan... every day thr has live dance and music performances throughout the evenings. These performances are done by the local folk artistes... it comprises everything which can swap our urban lives with right blend of traditions & modern amenity....

Delicious food with proper authentication and vivid cultural programs are the main catch of chokhi dhani... i felt as it transported me to a different world... world of zen and relaxation... culture and tradition with righteous facilities...

It explores different dance forms for different occassion lyk-
In Bhopa-Bhopi dance artiste tells some old folk stories of Indian Folk God and the dance on dat tale.
Ghoomer and Potter dance are too incredible... in ghoomer they dance on tune of desert by their foot taps... Potter is an art of balancing pots on head.

Puppet show( kathputli naach) and the Magic show( Jaadu ka khel) are so hypnotic...

Now, i was hungry... it ws 8 o'clock so, we reached to a hut in search of food... thr the food was being served at the floors... we joined other avid people out-thr. Soon a set meal is laid out in front of you... It set a great example of atithi's Aaobhagat'.... I discovered that rajasthanis chiefly prefer li'l spicy food. bt great in taste... daal-bati, sangari-sabji, bajre ki khichdi, churma, pyaaz ki chutney all were mind-blowing.

Albert Hall Museum- We started our sunday's journey with Albert Hall to incept my exploration. Half of the museum comprises 3 large galleries. Each one had nicely resorts the legacy and aristocracy of Maharajas... the central gallery is for dance and music lovers, where u can explore the notion of dance and music of that era....

This wonder-packed museum is a treasure house for unique n' unusual items. The Albert Museum stands as a classic- exemplar of cultural heritage of India and functions as State Museum. After capturing the sight of such rare treasures we headed towards another attraction.

Hawa Mahal - Palace of winds is truely a masterpiece and an example of intellectual architecture. The 5 storey exterior appears to us as Honeycomb of 'Beehive' with small windows... don't let the hot wind blow inside the monument. And corridors are made with least orientation and reaches upto top floor. Hawa Mahal does justice to the sobriquet of Pink City given to Jaipur.
But the irony is you may delay, but time will not. It always flies.... it ws almost  2 o'clock and the popular forts were still left...

City Palace- Next destination was City Palace... built by Raja Sawai Jai Singh during 1729-1732 AD... its a very popular tourist hotspot... and comprises of many rich and valuable treasures of that Era.
Amer Fort- the most precious gem of Jaipur is Amer fort... we were mesmerised by the view of it. it's the junction of both Hindu and Mughal customs and architects.... its actually a small town under Jaipur... The building comprises of symmetrical courteyards... the story of it is seems to be so facinating, looks like tale of Kings and Queen..... and lots of enigma still lies beneath it... we also visited to Sila Devi temple near Ganesh gate of fort... it is believed that Raja Mansingh owns it after defeating Raja of Jessore and the sheesh mahal is also must see .

Jaigarh Fort-  The Jaigarh Fort is a majestic stronghold built by Sawai Jai Singh II. This almost-intact fort is surrounded by huge battlements and is connected to the Amer Fort (also called 'Amber' Fort), with subterranean passages. Originally it was built to protect the Amer Fort and the palace within the complex, the Jaigarh Fort is architecturally similar to the Amer Fort, and bt magnificently offers a panoramic view of the city of Jaipur... and unlike Amer, it used to serve as the center of artillery production for the Rajputs of that time... World's largest Cannon on Wheels, Jaivan is the best catch...

What a view of Jal Mahal we had on returning... located in midst of Man Sagar Lake. the palace appears to float on the lake waters and epithets as Jal Mahal (Water Palace).

Jantar Mantar- the sculpture is quite similar to that of Delhi's Jantar-Mantar and my fondness is dfntly for   a huge collection of astronomical instruments.... the building consists of fourteen major geometric devices for measuring time, predicting eclipses, tracking stars in their orbits, and determining the movements of celestial bodies... all built from local stones and marbles...

Our monumental and eventful journey has come to an end...we wanted to grasp the whole sight of this majestic city... but unfortunately, the clock ws ticking, the hours are going by. ... it was time to pack the luggages and catch our bus...

There's a saying- You can have it all..... Just not all at once... :(

Adieus... Jaipur.. Good-Bye....




********************************************************************************************************************************************

 
This appeared in Swapnil Saundarya e-zine :  Vol- 01, Issue- 04 ,  Jan- Feb 2014


From the Diary of Madhumita ...................



God Almighty

Love is Awesome because 'God is Love'

I wish the whole world, people of every skin, race, religion, group, state and country; a very happy new year. May God bless you with all the good things of life in abundance….

Many thanks for all of your appreciations and feedbacks... I don't have much word to express my regard for all the support that i'v gotten from you all since my first manifestation...

 Now as we welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been... new challenges, new experiences and new opportunities perhaps waiting for you...

I will try to bring a shift to my writing this time though i can’t promise to throw light upon that issue which had not been discussed before... I can expand on my perspective of seeing an issue and my connection to any entity...

One thing which I would like to share is that when i was going through variety of situations and circumstances, little did I know then which i am realizing now, how much fuller and complete one's life become when he/ she shares a piece of it with friends, family and well-wishers...
So, i am here to bring light on the beauty and power of love... I often wish I could inspire others as life has inspired me through. For truly, as we all know, we are all here to help, inspire, to love and be loved... less than this is just surviving, not living in true sense...

I am a people's person, love being surrounded by nice and friendly people, i mean who doesn't want?
I am an emotional creature just by seeing any old friend's/family's picture or a thought of them makes me nostalgic... I love to make good friends with whom i can talk for year even every day. But only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve failed to share with others and they absorb each and every talk of yours still want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, unachieved goals and the many disappointments life has thrown at you and they will understand... they show excitement even in your small achievements. They don’t feel embarrassed if u cries upon anything. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they make you feel that you are special and beautiful... You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are.
Today i would like to unfold my equation with a person and a city...

New Girl in a Whole new World- I had an eager to step into new city and Delhi is that city which has everything that u can ever imagine... history, culture, food, fun, life, temples etc... I brought up in not so big city, Kanpur. so stepping into a Giant-city like ND was little off-beat for me... and random, horrified incidences in Delhi use to scare the hell out of me but I promised I won't let anything comes in between me and things that I always dreamt of...

No one - can be you- Delhi had been well-known place to me since the time when I use to visit my Granny’s in childhood… though I dint have much knowledge about the places…

     My lone journey starts from the most filthy, nastiest and crowded place of Delhi, Sangam Vihar. Though we confined to manage one way or another… because the college has lodged all of us there and also because not everything in this world is Blissful and that goes for the capital as well.  
                          
     There will always arise some frustration when you start a new journey but don’t let the annoyance drag you down, keep a positive attitude. Though I was not so confident and optimistic person till I met someone who was full of live then and now. He was my college mate. He dint have any best friend though he considers each and every individual his friend and believed we should hate the sins not the sinner. Initially I didn’t so want to know about his goals but he sure knew how to enjoy every moment of life… When I look back I wonder if the joy of writing and dreaming would have been the same without his thoughts, if the evenings would have been the same bright and colorful without his presence and, sharing a bowl of maggi… . Laughter now seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist for me at all… I don’t deny that I faced lot of difficulties staying here, I mean things don’t always turnout how you want them to be… but a phone call or two during the day helps to get you through every hard situation, always brings a smile to your face and helps you to keep your head high…

    The city has given me so much, but his friendship is a real treasure… what an amazing bond I mean where my story of childhood woe and heartbreak’s being so insignificant and invaluable for the world it becomes so significant for someone. And now I am not forced to be so reasonable and practical. Coz I am good in my own way…

           Something miraculous about the Tea(chaa) of CR(CHITTARANJAN- home to large bengali community and affluent neighborhood of South Delhi ) park market you can even spice it up with tasty and flavorsome muri and ghugni (chola). But the most fascinating thing of South Delhi for me would always be Iskcon, I have never known to anything like this till my elder sis took me there. Iskcon’s connecting all its Devotees worldwide in a large extent… No, don’t get me wrong I am not that spiritual person and definitely not a sworn believer of any community or group or society. I became fond of it when the special friend of mine insisted me to visit there long back… What fascinates me is that it’s beyond nationality or races and brings in me a sense piece… just a quiet calmness exist everywhere in the compound… When I came here my goals were not so clear but I knew one thing that I am not going to enjoy the corporate life for long… I always wanted to be people’s person and the Krishna consciousness awakens my original consciousness, enlightened my path, helped me to see within and achieve my goal to connect with people…

His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada- He is the founder of International Society of Krishna Consciousness and widely regarded as the world’s pre-eminent exponent of the teachings and practices of Bhakti-yoga (Devotional yoga) to the western world. You will become fond of his grace by observing his qualities and reading his books like Light of Bhagvata, The Journey of Self-Discovery, Back to God Head magazine, The Nectar of Devotion and many more….

Divine insight of Swami Prabhupada- Abhay Charan De( Swami Prabhupada’s actual name) had born in Calcutta on Sep1 1896, as a youth he become involved with Mahatma Gandhi’s civil disobedience. A famous spiritual leader Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati had become his mentor; he followed his master’s path of devotion and wisdom. Though didn’t get adequate support from people to flourish his knowledge till 1965, at the age of seventy that he would set off on his mission to the west. He suffered two heart-attacks during his journey to New-York… He struggled for lively- hood then, so started leading Kirtans & giving classes on Bhagavad-gita. He established Iskcon for the purpose of working for real unity and piece…


Hypnotic trance of Hare Rama Hare Krishna- The divine sound of Hare Rama Hare Krishna transport you to a different world… The 24-hour Kirtan singing, chanting and dancing made my heart explode with love and joy for the lord’s holy names…Though lot of people complains that the society gives more privilege to affluent people. According to them the foreigners and Rich who pay fat cash as donation, gets preference for membership. `but as far as I am concern I try to see any entity as a whole, I am so happen to be fond of all good things which gives a definite direction to my positive thoughts…My life had never been so simple like others I had qualities but lacked in self-confidence, just a thought of facing enormous crowd and strange people use to make me uncomfortable…

       And I have that confidence in me to be the change which I want to see in others. It gives me power to fight with my insecurity whether I am in midst of Darkest place…

Poise of a devotee- Though I don’t call myself a great devotee but Krishna consciousness definitely gave a lift to my consciousness… You see, no matter what culture or country you belong to or what place you choose to visit, the utmost importance would to connect with people and exploring new horizons. So, my humble request is whether you are in Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Vrindavan, Los Angeles, Canada… and so on, visit IsKcon to satiate your heart, mind and soul…                                  

 This New Year Invoke auspiciousness through the power of the Holy names…. And interesting part is you don’t have to try so hard for it it’s Like when you sit in front of a fire in winters- you are just there in front of fire… You don’t have to be wise or anything… the fire warms you ultimately, God’s grace and his mercy are just like that…

‘HARI BOL’



Presented and Posted by :

Swapnil Shukla











Do visit : http://issuu.com/swapnilsaundaryaezine/docs/from_the_diary_of_madhumita










copyright©2013-Present. Swapnil Shukla.All rights reserved

No part of this publication may be reproduced , stored in a  retrieval system or transmitted , in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

Copyright infringement is never intended, if I published some of your work, and you feel I didn't credited properly, or you want me to remove it, please let me know and I'll do it immediately.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

मेहंदी स्पेशल { Mehendi Special }

THE FLOWERY STORY BEHIND RK & SONS

Diary of a Young Poet ~ Sanjay Chauhan